Our Prayer Letter for March 2021 is now available. Use the following link to access our Prayer Letter:Prayer Letter (March 2021)
|Donate||04/09/2020 | Issue #03|
FAITH South Sudan/Uganda is grateful for what we able to do in spite of the global pandemic. God is faithful to those who are faithful to Him. It is a great thing to serve the Lord Jesus by serving others.
Praise God from whom all grace comes. We thank God for His protection in the midst of the crisis. The world is going through enormous difficulties due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As an organization our activities are also affected by the restrictions put in place to prevent the spread of the virus. We thank God that none of our team members have contracted the virus. We were not able to send our prayer letters as expected. We are sorry about that.
Because our main ministry is training, most of our activities were stopped due to Covid-19. Our newly established schools ran only for one and a half months before they were closed down. We however started The Ravens Project to distribute food items to vulnerable households in Yei South Sudan.
- Thank God for His protection upon us during this global pandemic.
- Thank God for the successful food distribution to 120 vulnerable households in Yei. The effect of Covid-19 is hard on the needy in both rural and urban areas. People have lost their livelihoods.
- Thank God for the positive but slow progress in the peace process in South Sudan. It is our prayer and hope that South Sudan leaders will form the unity Government that will respect and implement the agreement.
- Thank God for the friend who was able to give us small loan to pay rent for our school property in Juba, pray that God will bless him richly because without their help it was going to difficult to keep the the school compound as we pray and hope for schools to reopen when the time is right.
- Thank God for the impact of our work both in South Sudan and Uganda.
Please pray for the following prayer needs:
- Pray for the continued impact of our projects on the people we reach with the Gospel.
- Pray for the qualified teachers we hired from Uganda to teach in our two schools. The lock-down got them here with us in South Sudan. We are facing challenges to keep and accommodate, feed and pay them as the schools are closed for six months.
- Pray that we get someone to help us provide for them until the Uganda borders are reopened and it is safe for them to return home.
- Pray that we will get funds to keep our activities and work.
- Church and Community leadership training in Yei South Sudan is going on this week and will end tomorrow 5th September, 2020.
- Phase 02 Youth Leaders Discipleship for Youth Leaders in the Refugee camps is still on hold until Uganda Government allows religious gatherings.
- The Raven’s Project phase 2 is expected in September depending on the availability of funding.
The above picture is of our food distribution project in Yei under The Ravens Project.
That is FAITH’s response to Covid-19 pandemic. We were able to provide the most needed food for 120 vulnerable households. This is supported by HFB International and the phase two will be done with funding raised from facebook fundraiser.
We would like to extend this project to Juba. We have setup a gofundme fundraiser to raise funds for that purpose.
You can donate Here
We are doing leadership training for Church and Community leaders from all Church denominations in Yei this week. We will write more about this in the next issue of our prayer letter.
We thank God so much for what He has allowed us do in the past 11 months. It was made possible by the generous support of our donors and prayer partners.
- LIVELIHOOD TRAINING FOR WOMEN AND YOUNG GIRLS
- We were able to successfully train and equipped 183 women and young ladies with life skills in tailoring, Embroidery, Driving and Liquid Soap Making. 53 of these women were trained in Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement in Northern Uganda. These women are now making use of their new skills to earn income to support their families.
- DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING FOR YOUTH LEADERS
- We thank God for the successful Discipleship Training we did for 120 Youth Leaders from Churches in Bidibidi and Imvepi Refugee Camps. Many of these youth leaders gave their lives to Christ during the training. Many of them are now assuming leadership roles in their respective Churches.
- MARRIED COUPLES CONFERENCE
- We thank God for the successful conference we did for over 50 couples in Yei Town, South Sudan. This training was done three times since 2017 to the same couples. We were able to see relationships restored, family re-uniting and people encouraged and equipped to go to their respective Churches as marriage counsellors.
- DRIVING & COMPUTER COURSES IN JUBA
- We thank God for the only activity now taking place in Juba, South Sudan. 30 qualified drivers have been trained and tested and have acquired their driving licenses in Juba. New students are picking admission forms to start their driving lessons soon.
We appreciate your prayers for our work in South Sudan and Uganda. Please pray for the following:
- Pray for Our Executive Director Mbaraza Emmanuel as he looks after all the activities of the ministry. Pray that God gives him wisdom in the work entrusted to him.
- Pray for new donors to support our livelihood development skills program (Women and Youth Empowerment Program) that has no funding at the moment.
- Pray for our Leaders training seminar and the Yei End of Year Concert in December. Pray that we get funding to transport the tutors to Yei and bring them back to Uganda. Also pray that this training will bring hope to the people in Yei, a town that is badly affected by the conflict in South Sudan.
- Pray for our planned activities in 2020 that God will make it possible. These include the following:
- Discipleship training for Youth leaders in the Refugee Camps in Uganda.
- Yie Outreach Project in Yie, South Sudan.
- Organize Gospel Crusades in Western Equatoria in South Sudan as requested by a few bishops there.
- Pray that genuine Peace returns to the suffering people of South Sudan so that they can return home and resume their normal lives.
We are planning the following in 2020:
- Open two Nursery & Primary Schools in Yei and in Juba.
- Continue with the most effective projects we have been doing.
- Discipleship training for Youth leaders.
- Livelihood development skills trainings for women
- Yei Outreach projects
Contact Information:Address: P. O. Box 1028, Arua, Uganda