Faith Uganda is training 100 youth leaders from Rhino camp settlement this year. Phase 1 of the Training took place from 27th to 30th January 2020. Many of these young people gave their lives to Jesus during the training.
50 Church and community leaders are undergoing training to become servant leaders in Yei South Sudan. This is part of the Yei Outreach Project.
Hundreds of people gave their lives to Jesus Christ at our Yei End of Year Concert 2019. Thank you all for your prayers for the program.
Partner with us to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.
We thank God so much for what He has allowed us do in the past 11 months. It was made possible by the generous support of our donors and prayer partners.
- LIVELIHOOD TRAINING FOR WOMEN AND YOUNG GIRLS
- We were able to successfully train and equipped 183 women and young ladies with life skills in tailoring, Embroidery, Driving and Liquid Soap Making. 53 of these women were trained in Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement in Northern Uganda. These women are now making use of their new skills to earn income to support their families.
- DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING FOR YOUTH LEADERS
- We thank God for the successful Discipleship Training we did for 120 Youth Leaders from Churches in Bidibidi and Imvepi Refugee Camps. Many of these youth leaders gave their lives to Christ during the training. Many of them are now assuming leadership roles in their respective Churches.
- MARRIED COUPLES CONFERENCE
- We thank God for the successful conference we did for over 50 couples in Yei Town, South Sudan. This training was done three times since 2017 to the same couples. We were able to see relationships restored, family re-uniting and people encouraged and equipped to go to their respective Churches as marriage counsellors.
- DRIVING & COMPUTER COURSES IN JUBA
- We thank God for the only activity now taking place in Juba, South Sudan. 30 qualified drivers have been trained and tested and have acquired their driving licenses in Juba. New students are picking admission forms to start their driving lessons soon.
We appreciate your prayers for our work in South Sudan and Uganda. Please pray for the following:
- Pray for Our Executive Director Mbaraza Emmanuel as he looks after all the activities of the ministry. Pray that God gives him wisdom in the work entrusted to him.
- Pray for new donors to support our livelihood development skills program (Women and Youth Empowerment Program) that has no funding at the moment.
- Pray for our Leaders training seminar and the Yei End of Year Concert in December. Pray that we get funding to transport the tutors to Yei and bring them back to Uganda. Also pray that this training will bring hope to the people in Yei, a town that is badly affected by the conflict in South Sudan.
- Pray for our planned activities in 2020 that God will make it possible. These include the following:
- Discipleship training for Youth leaders in the Refugee Camps in Uganda.
- Yie Outreach Project in Yie, South Sudan.
- Organize Gospel Crusades in Western Equatoria in South Sudan as requested by a few bishops there.
- Pray that genuine Peace returns to the suffering people of South Sudan so that they can return home and resume their normal lives.
We are planning the following in 2020:
- Open two Nursery & Primary Schools in Yei and in Juba.
- Continue with the most effective projects we have been doing.
- Discipleship training for Youth leaders.
- Livelihood development skills trainings for women
- Yei Outreach projects
Contact Information:Address: P. O. Box 1028, Arua, Uganda
This is the graduation ceremony of a 2018 project. It took place in February of this year.
Check out our new Faith Aid Initiative YouTube channel for other videos.
We graduated 147 Youth Leaders and women on Saturday 7th September 2019 in Rhino camp settlement, in Arua Uganda.
Next week FAITH UG will be training 50 Refugee women how to make liquid soap. This is aimed at empowering them to start their own small business and improve their livelihoods. The training will run for two weeks. Supported by The Brickworks UK, this training is a pilot livelihood development skills trainings we have done among South Sudanese refugees.
Our phase 2 Youth leaders training has been conducted successfully as from 14th to 19th May 2019. Great teaching Christian film shows for the refugee population in Ofoa 3 Rhino Camp settlement was part of the program. The next (last) phase will be on 4th September 2019.
FAITH UG is running a two day women conference for refugee women in Rhino camp settlement. We will be handling topics such as:
- Role of women in decision making
- Women leadership
- Christian parenting
- Characteristics of a noble woman.
- Christian worship
- Role of women in peace building
On the 23rd February, FAITH South Sudan graduated 135 women who were trained in Tailoring, Embroidery, Driving and Liquid soap making. It is a ICCO/KIA supported project. The three months training started in October last year in Juba South Sudan.
Each of these women was equipped with a sewing machine, embroidery machine (for a group of 3 women), Driving license, and materials for making liquid soap